Remember me? If you’re fairly new around these parts, then probably not, so why don’t I catch you up? I’m a Cuban bee living in Canada who had really heartfelt, bilingual catholic ceremony followed by a semi-formal ballroom reception in Old Montreal; and as a totally non-biased party, I can honestly say it was pretty darn amazing ;)! Seriously though, our friends and family still talk about what a great time they had at our wedding, two years later, and it makes us so happy to know that everybody had as much fun as we did!
Our wedding day was everything I had dreamed of and more, but being married to Mr. W has been the best outcome of that day, by far.
I read somewhere that the first two years of marriage are the hardest, and I’m not sure that was the case for us because these last two years have without a doubt, been some of the best of my life! So what’s changed for us this year? Honestly, not much. We’ve mostly been enjoying working together on our house, cooking lots of delicious meals together,and being puppy parents to our puppy, Will.In many ways, it sort of feels like it did before we got married, and yet, it somehow feels different. Every time I catch a glimpse of my wedding ring, my heart just wants to explode with joy and love for my husband. I would definitely say that the best part of being married so far is that sense of belonging to a private little club of two people.
We also got some amazing news this year. I am officially in remission! And while I still have to continue on my medication and have regular follow-ups with my doctor, I am officially tumor-free!
So what’s on the menu for tonight? I’ll be surprising Mr. Waterfall with a relaxing one-week vacation/anniversary trip to the beach! After we exchange gifts, we will probably just have a quiet dinner for two and toast with some non-alcoholic champagne, because we have a little baby Waterfall on the way!
So hive, that’s it for this year! But I hope to be back again soon, I miss you all too much to stay away for good. ‘Till we meet again!
XOXO, Mrs. Waterfall,
Miss a recap?
- We get it started with our wedding trailer
- We had a really intense wedding week
- We handle some last minute drama and get our nails did
- We practice getting married
- We eat all the French food
- We stuff our faces with chocolate
- The girls get pretty, oh so pretty
- The men suit up
- I put on my wedding dress
- I put on my veil and my entourage loses their sh*t
- I show you all my somethings
- We ride a vintage limo to the church
- The bridal party walks the walk
- We have a tearful “first look” on our walk down the aisle
- The ceremony begins with some lovely readings
- We exchange our vows and rings and have a blessing of the hands
- We finish mass, have a rose ceremony and sign the marriage register
- We take some pictures with our families
- We take a few bridal party pictures
- We take some pictures, just the two of us
- We skip cocktail hour, and spend some time with our friends
- We have a really fun first entrance
- We dance to our song
- Our friends give some heartfelt speeches
- We miss out on eating a fabulous meal
- I have an emotional father-daughter dance with my dad
- We cut our gorgeous cake
- We toss the bouquet and garter
- We play the shoelywed game
- We toast each other
- We dance till I drop, literally
- We dance some more
- We break it down, Cuban style
- Our guests vogue for the camera
- The night ends with a tender moment
- A look back at some details